:Re: Ugly loop

Robert L.

Nov 29, 2016, 2:57:49 PM11/29/16
Kenny Tilton wrote:

> btw, I believe the thing that got me to look at loop was that it
> provides efficiency for free, which is rare in cheats:
>
> (loop for x in them
> when (yada x)
> collect x)

MatzLisp (Ruby):

them.select{|x| yada x}

> vs:
>
> (let (out)
> (dolist (x them (nreverse out))
> (when (yada x) (push x out)
>
> If I had learned Lisp from PCL I would have grown up with loop as a
> native sub-language and not gone seven years without it.

Worshippers of COBOL and CL (COBOL-Like) hate Lisp, McCarthy,
and Paul Graham.

They have no affinity whatsoever for Lispy programming.

--
One of [the Zionists'] streams of output ... tells everyone else they should
mix together ...; and the other stream of output is ... for internal