Converting Javascript to Java

bit-n...@hotmail.com

May 11, 2017, 4:57:41 PM5/11/17
Is there some way to convert code written in Javascript to Java, so that they can become Android apps? ....it just struck me to ask this, cause of all this stuff about WebAssembly - which, AFAIK, is the *other way round* - ie. C++ and whatever other programmers can now recompile their stuff for the browser lickety-split or whatever - which means that all us Web app guys now have the WORLD'S competition! BRILLIANT!!

SO.

Is there some soul who's done it the other way around? ie. Javascript code can "become" Java? ...if Node.js works on the command line - could it be possible? (but node is an *interpreter* no?)
I'm asking this question specifically for games, cause - the games market HERE at least, is Android Android Android - I don't know and I don't think web games have caught on yet. Which means that WebGL calls and so forth have to convert to something Java-ish which still allows you to bang the GPU.... is such a thing even technically possible?

Talking of which, is there something like 3D Mark written in JS? ie. as a website?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

May 11, 2017, 8:03:02 PM5/11/17
Stefan Ram wrote:

> JavaScript has »eval«. So whenever someone writes a program
> to translate JavaScript to Java, he still needs a run-time
> JavaScript interpreter.

Non sequitur.

--
PointedEars
FAQ: <http://PointedEars.de/faq> | <http://PointedEars.de/es-matrix>

Bob Martin

May 12, 2017, 2:09:10 AM5/12/17
in 636608 20170511 215734 bit-n...@hotmail.com wrote:
>Is there some way to convert code written in Javascript to Java, so that th=
>ey can become Android apps? ....it just struck me to ask this, cause of all=
>this stuff about WebAssembly - which, AFAIK, is the *other way round* - ie=
>.. C++ and whatever other programmers can now recompile their stuff for the =
>browser lickety-split or whatever - which means that all us Web app guys no=
>w have the WORLD'S competition! BRILLIANT!!
>
>SO.
>

>Is there some soul who's done it the other way around? ie. Javascript code =
>can "become" Java? ...if Node.js works on the command line - could it be po=
>ssible? (but node is an *interpreter* no?)
>I'm asking this question specifically for games, cause - the games market H=
>ERE at least, is Android Android Android - I don't know and I don't think w=
>eb games have caught on yet. Which means that WebGL calls and so forth have=
>to convert to something Java-ish which still allows you to bang the GPU...=
>.. is such a thing even technically possible?
>

>Talking of which, is there something like 3D Mark written in JS? ie. as a =
>website?

Google "DroidScript".

Myers

May 29, 2017, 10:57:59 AM5/29/17