Open windows save dialog from javascript

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2017, 11:54:40 AM8/16/17
I've done a simple menusystem, but i can't get windows save dialog to open i have to use an input field. The open works perfect without any input field.

Any suggestions.

http://anybase.co.nf/Filehandle/readwrite.html

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2017, 10:41:46 AM8/18/17
Not even a low IQ prick one?

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2017, 5:47:18 AM8/19/17
Den onsdag 16 augusti 2017 kl. 17:54:40 UTC+2 skrev jonas.t...@gmail.com:
Please?

Evertjan.

Aug 19, 2017, 6:11:39 AM8/19/17
Your

"but i can't get windows save dialog to open i have to use an input field"

makes no sense to me at all!

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2017, 6:19:16 AM8/19/17
I find it so strange that you guys are like clockwork knowning the infinities of code development, but have so hard to understand a simple question, but since i am not the only one raising it i better show an example.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11336663/how-to-make-a-browser-display-a-save-as-dialog-so-the-user-can-save-the-conten

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2017, 6:43:40 AM8/19/17
Den lördag 19 augusti 2017 kl. 12:11:39 UTC+2 skrev Evertjan.:
How about this Evertjan an exchange, you help me with trivialities of javascript semantics. And i implement a general purpose pointer structure, in a string to save as a file. Now probably the real code geeks already probably know howto do this in an optimal way. But since my approaches tend to be very generalise although a bit naive approach. I will automatically compress any string content you put into it without need for an algorithm because the tree itself is compressed.

It could be used to store chess games it is a searchable database in a file, that loads as a string. You could even make it "appear" smart by weighing the outcome at each step.

I think there is benefits for both parties, you help me with trivialities that i find fucking annoying to waste my time on, and i may"be" show you a new approach simulating pointers in a string that you save that you never come over before?

It will be general purpose so you can search put in new items, once you specified separator ok?

It could probably be done more effectively using an array, but that is for you pro's.

The nice thing with it is that it could be used to study board games and winning strategies.

Evertjan.

Aug 19, 2017, 9:15:50 AM8/19/17
Please try to explain what you ment by your sentence, as I asked earlier:

"but i can't get windows save dialog to open i have to use an input field"

================

Then perhaps you could tell me what this means:

"How about this Evertjan an exchange,"

Are you trying to exchange me for someone else? Like yourself perhaps?

================

"help me with trivialities of javascript semantics"

If your Qs are so trivial to you, why do you post them, anyway?

================

"I will automatically compress any string content you put into it without
need for an algorithm because the tree itself is compressed."

Why would you need to do that compressing yourself?

Couldn't you write programme-code to do that for you?

And how can you yourself [or a programme you write] compress something
without a compression algoritm, whether or not a tree is compressed?

What is a compressed tree anyway? Wood-pulp?

And why this urge to compress string-content,
[I see no difference between een string and its content, btw]
is it an exsistential urge?

=================

I know you are font of endless monologues on this NG,
which most of us just skip,
but why not wait for answers from others than yourself,
this NG not being your personal blog but a discussion-group.
and answer clarifying questions,
even when you feel that is just a courtesy?

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2017, 3:58:14 PM8/19/17
No i tell you that you will have something to gain doing the thing you are doing the best being trivial.

> ================
>
> "help me with trivialities of javascript semantics"
>
> If your Qs are so trivial to you, why do you post them, anyway?
>
> ================

However trivial a task may be it can still be time consuming, picking nuts for example.

> "I will automatically compress any string content you put into it without
> need for an algorithm because the tree itself is compressed."
>
> Why would you need to do that compressing yourself?

No that would be the tree structure holding any content, like your ramblings.

> Couldn't you write programme-code to do that for you?
>
> And how can you yourself [or a programme you write] compress something
> without a compression algoritm, whether or not a tree is compressed?

Well that is because i am smart the tree creating algorithm is the compression. So when the data read into the tree it is already compressed. That is how smart i am.

> What is a compressed tree anyway? Wood-pulp?

You know perfectly well what a data tree structure is.

> And why this urge to compress string-content,
> [I see no difference between een string and its content, btw]
> is it an exsistential urge?

Well that you have problem with concepts that may or may not be trivial is not my problem, urge i do not know... sometimes i just feel like doing a little script. I like puzzels, especially if i make them myself.

> =================
>
> I know you are font of endless monologues on this NG,
> which most of us just skip,
> but why not wait for answers from others than yourself,
> this NG not being your personal blog but a discussion-group.
> and answer clarifying questions,
> even when you feel that is just a courtesy?

I would think i know you people at this NG very good with the semantics of programming language albeit a bit picky and anal about it. My question is a no brainer with a yes or no answer. And i know that probably all of you know the answer to it, but you are just acting in contempt over my pitiful projects.

The strange thing is you can produce text that add up to nothing but can't produce a single yes or no.

Evertjan.

Aug 19, 2017, 5:59:57 PM8/19/17
jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote on 19 Aug 2017 in comp.lang.javascript:

>> ===============
>>
>> Then perhaps you could tell me what this means:
>>
>> "How about this Evertjan an exchange,"
>>
>> Are you trying to exchange me for someone else? Like yourself perhaps?
>
> No i tell you that you will have something to gain doing the thing you
> are doing the best being trivial.

Well, Your concept of what you tell me being logical is flawed.

>> ===============
>>
>> "help me with trivialities of javascript semantics"
>>
>> If your Qs are so trivial to you, why do you post them, anyway?
>>

> However trivial a task may be it can still be time consuming,

So you need help of experts?

> picking nuts for example.

Being nuts?

>> "I will automatically compress any string content you put into it
>> without
>
>> need for an algorithm because the tree itself is compressed."
>>
>> Why would you need to do that compressing yourself?
>
> No that would be the tree structure holding any content,

You said you would compress that "automatically",
probably meaning "without thinking"?

> like your ramblings.

I am honoured you like them.

But why should a tree-structure contain ramblings?

>> Couldn't you write programme-code to do that for you?
>>
>> And how can you yourself [or a programme you write] compress something
>> without a compression algoritm, whether or not a tree is compressed?
>
> Well that is because i am smart the tree creating algorithm is the
> compression. So when the data read into the tree it is already
> compressed. That is how smart i am.
>

>> What is a compressed tree anyway? Wood-pulp?
>
> You know perfectly well what a data tree structure is.
>
>> And why this urge to compress string-content,
>> [I see no difference between een string and its content, btw]
>> is it an exsistential urge?
>
> Well that you have problem with concepts that may or may not be trivial
> is not my problem, urge i do not know... sometimes i just feel like
> doing a little script. I like puzzels, especially if i make them myself.
>
>> ================
>>
>> I know you are font of endless monologues on this NG,
>> which most of us just skip,
>> but why not wait for answers from others than yourself,
>> this NG not being your personal blog but a discussion-group.
>> and answer clarifying questions,
>> even when you feel that is just a courtesy?
>
> I would think i know you people at this NG very good with the semantics
> of programming language albeit a bit picky and anal about it. My
> question is a no brainer with a yes or no answer.

Okay, so my answer is: "yes or no!".

> And i know that
> probably all of you know the answer to it,

You would first have to clarify your question.

> but you are just acting in
> contempt over my pitiful projects.

Well, I don't condone in your self-pity, without contempt.

> The strange thing is you can produce text that add up to nothing but
> can't produce a single yes or no.

So you are just interested in any textual answer, without meaning?

Okay, so my [second] answer is: "yes or no!".

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2017, 6:00:19 PM8/20/17
Anyone NOT trivial "like Evertjan", "but awesome" who do know howto open windows save dialog box using AJAX?

Evertjan.

Aug 20, 2017, 7:26:58 PM8/20/17
jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote on 21 Aug 2017 in comp.lang.javascript:

> Anyone NOT trivial "like Evertjan",

What nonsense, just ask your damn question.

btw, you came up with the "triviality" of "semantics".

> "but awesome"

So "awesome" semanics?

> who do know howto open
> windows save dialog box using AJAX?

You cannot,
as AJAX is a javascript-protocol for connecting to another computer,
not a Javascript-DOM interface for opening dialog-boxes.

You could open a dialog-box as a result of a received ajax-string:

if (ajaxResultString == 'Please do!') windows.alert('hi, Jonas');

btw,
what is a "windows save dialog box" exactly?
Why would you want to save windows?
Windows 10, perhaps?

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2017, 3:36:04 AM8/21/17
Yes i use windows 10, and windows 10 have save dialog boxes "just like every other GUI OS i know off.

But it also have open dialog boxes, so how does it come that i am able to use windows 10 "open dialog box" but not windows 10 "save dialog box"?

Maybe i should ask do the OS GUI open dialog work also for those using Mac OS and Linux OS?

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2017, 3:40:35 AM8/21/17
Den måndag 21 augusti 2017 kl. 01:26:58 UTC+2 skrev Evertjan.:
> jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote on 21 Aug 2017 in comp.lang.javascript:
>
> > Anyone NOT trivial "like Evertjan",
>
> What nonsense, just ask your damn question.
>
> btw, you came up with the "triviality" of "semantics".
>
> > "but awesome"
>
> So "awesome" semanics?

No that is the fact the most trivial thing can be very time consuming to find out, and it is awesome when someone deliver timeconsuming "information" i do not think it is knowledge. Because knowledge requires originality and i do not think semantics qualify for that.

But now you got me into discuss noneissues, and that is just tiresome.

Evertjan.

Aug 21, 2017, 6:23:22 AM8/21/17
Tim Streater <timst...@greenbee.net> wrote on 21 Aug 2017 in
comp.lang.javascript:

>>Maybe i should ask do the OS GUI open dialog work also for those using
>>Mac OS and Linux OS?
>
> What javascript method are you using to cause a Windows 10 "open dialog
> box" to appear, and which one are you expecting to use to cause a
> Windows 10 "save dialog box" to appear?

Still don't know what you, Jonas, mean by a "windows save dialog box"

Do you perhaps mean
a "file upload dialog box" or perhaps
a "file download dialog box"
and then specifically non-Mac?

I don't think it is so "trivial" to explain your Q clearly on request.

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2017, 6:31:43 AM8/21/17
Well i did post a picture that none trivial and trivial people should be able to view....

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11336663/how-to-make-a-browser-display-a-save-as-dialog-so-the-user-can-save-the-conten

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2017, 6:42:35 AM8/21/17
Den måndag 21 augusti 2017 kl. 12:23:22 UTC+2 skrev Evertjan.:
Trivial, trivial, trivial "at least it should be" because there was no problem with open dialog box

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms646960(v=vs.85).aspx

Evertjan.

Aug 21, 2017, 8:51:46 AM8/21/17
jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote on 21 Aug 2017 in comp.lang.javascript:

> Den måndag 21 augusti 2017 kl. 12:23:22 UTC+2 skrev Evertjan.:
>> Tim Streater <timst...@greenbee.net> wrote on 21 Aug 2017 in
>> comp.lang.javascript:

>> > What javascript method are you using to cause a Windows 10 "open
>> > dialog box" to appear, and which one are you expecting to use to
>> > cause a Windows 10 "save dialog box" to appear?
>>
>> Still don't know what you, Jonas, mean by a "windows save dialog box"
>>
>> Do you perhaps mean
>> a "file upload dialog box" or perhaps
>> a "file download dialog box"
>> and then specifically non-Mac?
>>
>> I don't think it is so "trivial" to explain your Q clearly on request.

> Well i did post a picture that none trivial and trivial people should be
> able to view....
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11336663/how-to-make-a-browser-displa
> y-a-save-as-dialog-so-the-user-can-save-the-conten

That's a web-page url, not a picture,
and it is no answer on what a "windows save dialog box" might be.

Evertjan.

Aug 21, 2017, 8:55:27 AM8/21/17
Tim Streater <timst...@greenbee.net> wrote on 21 Aug 2017 in
comp.lang.javascript:

> In article <c897922c-c8ea-4530...@googlegroups.com>,
> <jonas.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Den måndag 21 augusti 2017 kl. 12:23:22 UTC+2 skrev Evertjan.:
>>> Tim Streater <timst...@greenbee.net> wrote on 21 Aug 2017 in
>>> comp.lang.javascript:

>>> Still don't know what you, Jonas, mean by a "windows save dialog box"
>>>
>>> Do you perhaps mean
>>> a "file upload dialog box" or perhaps
>>> a "file download dialog box"
>>> and then specifically non-Mac?
>>>
>>> I don't think it is so "trivial" to explain your Q clearly on request.
>
>>Trivial, trivial, trivial "at least it should be" because there was no
>>problem with open dialog box
>>
>>https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms646960(v=vs.85
>>).aspx
>
> OK, so Windows has dialog box methods. Amazing, eh? Although that page
> doesn't appear to describe what language to use.
>
> I still want to know:
>
> What javascript method are you using to cause a Windows 10 "open dialog
> box" to appear, and which one are you expecting to use to cause a
> Windows 10 "save dialog box" to appear?

Well, Tim, it might be worth mentioning his apparent preoccupation
with saving-Windows-10 boxing.

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2017, 10:10:02 AM8/21/17

Silvio

Aug 21, 2017, 6:43:36 PM8/21/17
There is no such thing. You can only employ browser functionality from
Javascript that runs inside a browser as part of a web page. Some
browser functionality may (or may not) open standard OS specific dialog
boxes.

The most common way of getting a browser to save something to a file
(possibly through some sort of "save as" dialog) is have it load a URL
that returns the proper HTTP headers that instruct it to save the
downloaded resource to a file.

This was already explained to you earlier. Stop asking incomplete and
ambiguous questions using rather poor English, then ignoring peoples
you should stop offending people who try to help you.

Adopt normal newsgroup behavior or go away. If you are as really smart
as you think you don't need us.

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2017, 3:13:00 AM8/22/17
You are broken records, i already know howto load and save files, i asked if you know a way to open the fucking save as filedialog you lowIQ inbreed.

http://anybase.co.nf/Filehandle/readwrite.html

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2017, 3:33:36 AM8/22/17
Den tisdag 22 augusti 2017 kl. 00:43:36 UTC+2 skrev Silvio:
According to people doing ASP VBscript? it is impossible to get the clientbrowser to open filesave dialog, so it seem it is not possible. And that was possible the answer i was looking for.

https://forums.asp.net/t/1178720.aspx

But then my question is how come it is possible to reach the open file dialog? Is that seen as a less dangerous system call?

I just find alot of things convoluted not so say inconsistent, maybe it is because webscripting is a mix of different engines interpreating and interacting Javascript, CSS, HTML?

Maybe you should gone with something like smalltalk to begin with and it could handled it all????????

Sorry about the lowIQ inbreed comment, but when you guys start to talk about all noneissues between heaven and hell without even try to close in on my actual question i have it do indeed piss me off.

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2017, 3:37:55 AM8/22/17
Den tisdag 22 augusti 2017 kl. 00:43:36 UTC+2 skrev Silvio:
To be honest Silvio what did piss me of was "may or may not" just write i do not fucking know we are pretty clueless in this NG.

jonas.t...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2017, 5:03:38 AM8/22/17
Well it does not seem possible to make a standard windows save load but at least i change to set the filename that is opened and read in to the save field. And a newfile entry with a default name in menu.

That's it, now i will make some algorithms.

http://anybase.co.nf/Filehandle/readwrite.html