Web Apps - icons for them, and storing them locally

bit-n...@hotmail.com

Nov 7, 2016, 9:52:36 AM11/7/16
..so, is there any way to write, say, a game, and have Firefox give you an icon for it, like it has in that screen where it "recommends" you stuff? ....and also, if someone downloads a game, obviously everytime someone wants to play it, they don't wanna go to the site and get it every time, so... is there some way to store the Javascript locally? I'm curious to know what kind of initiatives Mozilla/anyone else has taken in this regard....?

I'd also like the level data - you know, FILES, to be stored locally....

Thanks.

Richard Maher

Nov 7, 2016, 7:04:31 PM11/7/16
On 07-Nov-16 10:52 PM, bit-n...@hotmail.com wrote:
> ...so, is there any way to write, say, a game, and have Firefox give
> you an icon for it, like it has in that screen where it "recommends"
> you stuff? .....and also, if someone downloads a game, obviously
> everytime someone wants to play it, they don't wanna go to the site
> and get it every time, so... is there some way to store the
> Javascript locally? I'm curious to know what kind of initiatives
> Mozilla/anyone else has taken in this regard....?
>
> I'd also like the level data - you know, FILES, to be stored
> locally....
>

> Thanks.

Mozilla had a fantastic WebApp strategy that id now dead because their
App Store is dead :-( mozApps.install() etc

At the moment they have nothing except add-to-homescreen but are busy
trying to support the WebApp manifest as is Google.

For caching see ServiceWorkers and the fetch API and you can be your own
proxy server