HTML W3C

Jonas Thörnvall

Jan 9, 2018, 2:22:57 AM1/9/18
HTML forms need a single value input matrix 1D and 2D ala "checkbox",that hold single value character. But also gives a default boolean depending on value "used/unused".

<MATRIX type=2D dimA=12 dimB=12 id="badprogrammers" value="B"></MATRIX>
myMatrix=document.getElementbyID(badprogrammers);

Predefined in and output structures can be very useful.
I would like one now to show recorded bars for the tracks. It probably would be helpful for blind people who not can jump thru a graphical interface to have a matrix in alot of circumstances.

Type could be both 1D and 2D and maybe more dimensions using extra field, for other type of datasets like graph construction and connectivity.

Jonas Thörnvall

Jan 9, 2018, 2:30:03 AM1/9/18
Yeah you probably could make something dynamically in javascript using input field text in a table but is isn't exactly convenient. And would not have dimA and dimB values to access the element.

Jonas Thörnvall

Jan 9, 2018, 5:41:58 AM1/9/18
Making for example a stepsequenser would be a hell easier with a form MATRIX tag. Or a schedule or whatever require you to register datapoints, single or multivalued.

I mean table is an layout element, i have not seen any matrix element in CSS either. There must be thousands if not millions of applications for a matrix element in form.