Realtime processing "programming" in javascript.

Jonas Thörnvall

Jan 19, 2018, 3:01:24 PM1/19/18
This will also be guesswork on my part, and i know it is a highlevel language that may not be suitable for the task.

But say you have recorded events/messages, that have a time code and need to be executed sequential within a timeframe.

I can see two ways to do this in javascript, but maybe there is other ways and a correct way to do it.

1. The first one is to compare (next) message with timer that is polled every X ms. If message timer bigger then message "send" to output.

2. The other one would be to create a waitlist for the message there they wait the distance of separation in time to call send.

Maybe none of these ways are correct?
But for me the second option seem to require less resources of the CPU but may have other problems/issues. The recorded messages to be "played" are stored on a savetrack. To not inferfer with the realtime realtime recording messages, you overdub with.

I guess it kind of the same problem that a webserver deal with, but this is more timecritical.