Is there a way to differentiate new user vs. visited user via browser UI?

justaguy

May 3, 2017, 5:34:30 PM5/3/17

A new UI would always be new to new users even such users has subject matter knowledge, thus, it's necessary to provide them with some quick intro or instructions, however, such instructions would be of no value to a user who's accessed the UI multiple times already, then, why leaving it on the UI (consuming real estate). We know who's who (users) upon user login, however, to track user login requires one extra query (database call), which reduces efficiency, thus, I wonder if we are able to track each user from client side (browser UI side) though I understand web is stateless.

Thanks.

Stefan Weiss

May 3, 2017, 5:44:42 PM5/3/17
justaguy wrote:
> track each user from client side (browser UI side) though I understand
> web is stateless.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Cookies

- stefan

justaguy

May 3, 2017, 9:13:45 PM5/3/17
Great. Thanks.

John G Harris

May 4, 2017, 6:10:28 AM5/4/17
On Wed, 3 May 2017 23:44:37 +0200, Stefan Weiss <krewe...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Some people clear cookies every now and then.

A Help button shouldn't take up much space and can be used by people
who've been before but need reminding.

John