Next and Previous links to last-clicked one?

Dr J R Stockton

Sep 24, 2016, 6:45:06 PM9/24/16

In a Web page, I can put a pair of buttons, P & N, at top left of the
viewport. Initially, they should do nothing much. But, when an actual
link in the page to another page has been used, followed by returning to
the original page, the buttons should then have the effect of clicking
the links Previous or Next on the page to the one most recently used,
whether used by buttons or by clicking.

I know of the links array, collection, or whatever.

If necessary, the browser can be assumed to preserve the previous
content of, for example, an "input type=text" element on returning to a
page.

I would then be able to read pages successively linked from the be-
buttoned page, without having to remember which link I most recently
used; and be able to jump to a new position by clicking it.

Is this possible, and if so how?

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. 拯merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Merlyn Web Site < > - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.