javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Connection refused

Hamilton Denning

Nov 1, 2001, 1:09:07 AM11/1/01
Hi all,

I've been deploying the JBoss application server on a bunch of
machines recently, but deployment failed on a particular computer the
other day due to some JNDI issues. I was hoping if someone could help
me figure out why. :-)

JBoss's naming service starts up fine (listening on port 1099), but
any attempts to connect to it fail:

{Configuration] javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Connection
refused: co
nnect. Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refused: connect
[Configuration] at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native
Method)
[Configuration] at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

Some research I've performed has led me to believe that there exist
some security restrictions on this particular machine (it's running
Win2K, by the way) that are preventing the socket connection from
being made, but I'm having the darndest time reproducing the error on
my own network, and I no longer have access to the computer in
question.

Any ideas would be tremendously appreciated! Thank you!!!