MalformedURLException: Unknown protocol: https

Yee

Jul 11, 2001, 2:41:17 PM7/11/01

In my program this exception was thrown out:
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https
at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)

I checked the web resources and realized that this is a very typical
problem, that there is no HTTPS protocol implementation was installed. The
solution is adding the following lines into my source code:
System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",

"com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
Security.addProvider( new
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider() );

But the exception was still there, does anybody know what to do to solve
this?
My program is an Applet, and I have included the JSSE packages in the
classpath.

Thanks,

Yee

ranak