Need help w. Swing Applet

1 view

Steve R. Burrus

Sep 4, 2002, 7:06:10 PM9/4/02
Hello all, I need some help/assistance with being able to see a swing
applet in my favorite web browser! Every single time that I try to do
this, I always get the error "java.security.AccessControlException
java.io.FilePermission Acess Denied"!! I have tried, unsuccessfully, to
edit the java.policy file to set certain file permissions, but I still
get that ugly msg.!! Here is the "dump" from the Java Console (the
relevant part of it):

(java.io.FilePermission Images1/new.gif read)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(Unknown Source)

at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImageFromHash(Unknown Source)

at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImage(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)

at Test.<init>(Test.java:12)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)