Sun's Jaas tutorial - does it work?

Harry

Jan 24, 2003, 7:48:21 AM1/24/03
Has anybody got this working? - I've followed the notes carefully & all the
examples work well until I try running them with a security manager
enabled - all I get is (from authorization tutorial - same from Auth also) -

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.security.
AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission
java.securit
y.auth.debug read)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
at javax.security.auth.login.Debug$1.run(Debug.java:27)
at javax.security.auth.login.Debug.<clinit>(Debug.java:24)
at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.<clinit>(LoginContext.java:147
)
at sample.SampleAzn.main(SampleAzn.java:77)

I've tried everything I can think of but to no avail - I'm completely
stumped!

Do they work?

Thanks

harry