Security Problem with Plugin 1.3.1

John Raggio

Apr 14, 2001, 12:48:55 AM4/14/01
Just installed 1.3.1 and my applet fails when trying to load some images that
I stored in a jar file. It looks like the applet tried to load the files from
the jar that was cached on my hard drive as if it were a simple local file
versus a cached jar that was originally downloaded from a server. This part
of the applet worked fine under 1.3.0, 1.3_01, and 1.3_02. I appreciate any
advice.

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
\C:\Documents and
Settings\jmr\java_plugin_AppletStore\1.3.1\jar\nav-images.
jar1694945921null8216126953129032731.jar read)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImageFromHash(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImage(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.trantislink.we