Problem with JSSE

Ivo

Feb 26, 2002, 7:36:36 AM2/26/02
Hello all !

I want to use RMI with the JSSE. So i want to encrypt the data I send
over the network with SSL. I tried the standard SSL-examples from the
JSSE1.0.2-package, the compilation goes okay, making the stubs is ok,
and starting the main class (to bind the class into the resgistry)
goes ok. He then says "HelloServer bound in registry" but after a
while the DOS-bos is FINISHED....what means that the porgram has
stopped. The DOS-box gives the next messages:

" HelloServer bound in registry
Finalizer, SEND SSL v3.1 ALERT: warning, description = close_notify
Finalizer, WRITE: SSL v3.1 Alert, length = 2"

Does anyone know what this problem is and how i can solve it ???
Thanks you all !

Ivo Bleylevens
University Student, Maastricht, Holland.

Urs Eberle

Mar 11, 2002, 5:48:54 AM3/11/02
In article <39db3a8f.02022...@posting.google.com> you wrote:
> Hello all !

> " HelloServer bound in registry
> Finalizer, SEND SSL v3.1 ALERT: warning, description = close_notify
> Finalizer, WRITE: SSL v3.1 Alert, length = 2"

> Does anyone know what this problem is and how i can solve it ???
> Thanks you all !

I had the same problem in a RMI server socket factory that uses a gss
api to authenticate and encrypt. The problem seems to be that when the
thread that creates the factory ends, the whole JVM is taken down after
a while. The only workaround I found is to let the thread (usually the
main thread in the server) live forever. Insert something like that to
the end of your main method:

while(true) {
try {
Thread.sleep(10000000);
} catch(Exception e){}
}

Not sure if the problem persists in 1.4, didn't test still.

--
Cheers...Urs

Ivo

Mar 19, 2002, 5:20:59 AM3/19/02
Hi Mr Eberle !

Thanx for your advice ! It works now...........but the file keeps
binded in the registry but when i try to start my client it says:

java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection
establishment; nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Couldn't find trusted
certificate
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(Unknown
Source)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(Unknown
Source)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
at HelloImpl_Stub.sayHello(Unknown Source)
at HelloClient.main(HelloClient.java:18)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Couldn't find trusted
certificat
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.b(DashoA6275)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.a(DashoA6275)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(DashoA62
75)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(DashoA6275)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(DashoA6275)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
... 5 more

I have installed the cacers-file in the working directory but i don't
know where this problem comes from ! Can anyone please help me ??