SecurityManager probs

Robert Davidson

Apr 29, 2002, 8:44:14 PM4/29/02

Hi all,

Currently I'm having problems with SecurityManager. I think I'd like to
just disable it completely for now and worry about fixing it up
properley a little later on.

Below is the error. If anyone can help it would be much appriciated.

> java.lang.SecurityException: Prohibited package name: java.math
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:477)
> at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:111)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:248)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:286)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)
> at
au.com.autosmart.netservice.DBCreditCardPayment.insertIntoDB(DBCreditCardPayment.java:48)
> at au.com.autosmart.netservice.CgiMakePayment.go(CgiMakePayment.java:115)
> at au.id.emu.snm.netservice.base.CgiQuery.runQuery(CgiQuery.java:398)
> at au.id.emu.snm.netservice.base.CgiQuery.invoke(CgiQuery.java:428)
> at au.com.autosmart.netservice.Cgi.main(Cgi.java:19)

Please note I'm not very familiar with how security works in Java yet as
I've not been able to find anything that seems to explain it properley
and in english.

Cya.

Richard S. Hall

May 1, 2002, 11:30:27 AM5/1/02
You do not describe your problem at all, so it makes it somewhat
difficult to diagnose, but from the looks of the supplied stack trace,
it looks like you are trying to define a class in the "java.math"
package and this is generally not allowed in most security profiles. You
can grant a permission to allow this type of behavior...perhaps it is a
RuntimePermission...
-> richard