newbie, how do I setup java.net.SocketPermission for client/server?

Jeff Lacki

Dec 6, 2001, 2:58:32 AM12/6/01
Hi, Im new to java but have decent c/c++ experience.

Im beginning to realize that I need to setup some
kind of security policy for a client/server Ive
downloaded and am trying to get working on my website.

I get the following when I try to connect to my server:

Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 66.xx.xx.xx:9123 connect,resolve)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:272)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:399)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(SecurityManager.java:1044)
etc.

Is there a good page to show me how this is done?
I only need it for Sockets, nothing more.

TIA
Jeff