Help please

Eran Hauser

Apr 22, 2001, 11:31:07 AM4/22/01

I done my test certificate and it works fine on my computer (using apache
server). When I try to see the applet from other copmuters I get the
following exception:
java.security.cert.CertificateException: Unable to verify the certificate
with root CA at
sun.plugin.security.TrustDecider.isAllPermissionGranted(Unknown Source) at
sun.plugin.security.PluginClassLoader.getPermissions(Unknown Source) at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.getProtectionDomain(Unknown Source) at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at
java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at
java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source) at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at
sun.plugin.security.PluginClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source) at
sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source) at
sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source) at
sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source) at
sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown
Source) No security established. applet:http://172.16.1.219/pmx_13/ In
applet destroy

What is wrong ?

Thank you,
Eran

Frédéric Donnat

Apr 23, 2001, 8:45:24 AM4/23/01

Eran Hauser a écrit :

Hi ,

According to the first exception thrown, i think the problem is that your
certificate is a test certificate auto sign with your apache web server so the
other computer don't have it in their trust certificate. (When you connect your
apache server with https the browser ask you if you want to trust the
certificate!)
Try to add the certificate in the keystore as a trust certificate (using
keytool for example), it should be better !

Hope this will help.
Fred