RMI question

Kevin Swan

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00

Hello, all. I'm hoping someone can give me a hand with an RMI problem
I'm having. I've got my Remote object all written, implemented, and
bound into the registry, which is running. However, when I run my
client, I get the following security exception:

C:\JavaCode>java org.kombat.client.RemoteHelloClient
Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (
java.net.SocketPermission 127.0.0.1:1099 connect,resolve)
at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:272)
[...]
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:318)
at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Naming.java:84)
at
org.kombat.client.RemoteHelloClient.main(RemoteHelloClient.java:17)

Yes, my client *does* install an RMISecurityManager. Here's the key
part of my client's code:

System.setSecurityManager (new RMISecurityManager ());
RemoteHello obj = (RemoteHello) Naming.lookup
("rmi://localhost/RemoteHello");
System.out.println (obj.getMessage ());

Anyone have any tips or advice on why this might be happening, and
what I can do to fix it? All advice is appreciated, thanks.

Kevin.

Kevin Swan

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00

Nevermind, I figured it out. Policy files. Blech. I've got a new
problem I'm fighting with now, an UnmarshallingException on my
client - seems my registry can't find my stubs. What a mess!
Thanks, Sun!

Kevin.

Michael B. Allen

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00
Usually means it can't find the class definition. You have your codebase set
up properly?

Michael B. Allen