JAR Files and Nav 4.01

Ken Anderson

Jul 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/8/97

I'm running into a problem with an applet packaged as a JAR file.

This problem appears under Nav 4.01 on both Solaris 2.5 (preview release 6) and
MacOS 7.6.1.

In particular, Navigator loads the Jar file and then reports the error

#Applet exception: class chimera.applets.presence.presence not found

I have checked the JAR file and the file
chimera/applets/presence/presence.class does exist.

The next part of the error message says:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java/awt/event/ActionListener
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java)
at netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(AppletClassLoader.java)
at netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass1(AppletClassLoader.java)
* at netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java)
at netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java)
at netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame.run(DerivedAppletFrame.java)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

Now, my presence applet implements ActionListener, but surely, I'm not
supposed to include the java.* class files in my JAR file?

Nav 4.01's release notes says that it supports JDK 1.1.2. Does it not
support the new AWT event model?

Thanks in advance,

Ken
-Ken Anderson kand...@ics.uci.edu U.C. Irvine-