class loader problem

. Lepkowski @lmco.com Mark Lepkowski

Aug 20, 2004, 3:36:48 PM8/20/04
I'm trying to run a class which used to run fine (months ago). I get this
stack dump:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(JarVerifier.java:266)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(JarVerifier.java:194)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.initializeVerifier(JarFile.java:250)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(JarFile.java:312)
at sun.misc.URLClassPath$4.getInputStream(URLClassPath.java:535)
at sun.misc.Resource.getBytes(Resource.java:57)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:243)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:322)

Where should I start for debugging this? Thanks in advance...

--Mark

Paul Lutus

Aug 20, 2004, 4:39:57 PM8/20/04
Mark Lepkowski wrote:

> I'm trying to run a class which used to run fine (months ago).

Defone "fine", on what computer, using what JVM, with what operating system?

I suggest that you look at the source code.

I am sorry, but what sort of answer can we provide based on a stack trace
and no code?

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com

Carl Howells

Aug 20, 2004, 4:46:04 PM8/20/04
Paul Lutus wrote:

> I suggest that you look at the source code.
>
> I am sorry, but what sort of answer can we provide based on a stack trace
> and no code?

The code's irrelevant... That's crashing in the JVM before it ever
executes any of his code.

It looks like the .class file got corrupted.