native anyone?

1 view

Casper Lans

Jan 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/30/97

Is there anybody out there who has some experience with native methods?

I have tried to make the HelloWorld program that uses a C function.
(see: http://www.javasoft.com/nav/read/Tutorial/native/TOC.html)
But when I run the program I get this exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java)
at HelloWorld.<clinit>(HelloWorld.java:21)
at java.lang.Compiler.<clinit>(Compiler.java)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: displayHelloWorld
at Main.main(Main.java:19)

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is set correctly. I don't
understand what the problem is. Can anyone helpme?

Reply by email please. Thanks in advance!

--
Casper Lans <cdl...@students.cs.ruu.nl>
"Who says nothing is impossible? Some people do it every day!"

David Boydston

Jan 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/30/97
to Casper Lans

Is your DLL in your system path?

e.g. If your on Win95/NT you need the DLL in your current directory, in
your path (NOT classpath), or in Windows\System.
--
Dave Boydston
Solutions Consulting