Jeeves on MacOS?

Robert H Guttman

Feb 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/22/97

I'm having a bear of a time running Jeeves on MacOS 7.5.5 using
CodeWarrior 11 on a PowerMac 9500/200:

Executing: javai -Dserver.root=/Compass/Applications/JeevesA2
-working /Compass/Applications/JeevesA2
-classpath lib/classes.zip;servlets
sun.server.http.HttpServer
server.root not specified
java.lang.SecurityException: sysExit(1) not allowed
at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:55)
at java.lang.System.exit(System.java:230)
at sun.server.http.HttpServerParameters.<init>
(HttpServerParameters.java:128)
at sun.server.http.HttpServer.<init>(HttpServer.java:111)
at sun.server.http.HttpServer.main(HttpServer.java:366)
java.lang.SecurityException: sysExit(1) not allowed
at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:55)
at java.lang.System.exit(System.java:230)
at sun.server.http.HttpServer.main(HttpServer.java:369)
Completed(0)

This happens right upon startup. I think the sysExit(1) stack
traces can be ignored. The problem seems to be that it doesn't
think the server.root was specified. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
- Rob

Robert H Guttman voice:617-253-4662
mailto:gut...@media.mit.edu MIT Media Laboratory
http://www.media.mit.edu/~guttman Software Agents Group

Jon Udell

Feb 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/22/97

> I'm having a bear of a time running Jeeves on MacOS 7.5.5 using
> CodeWarrior 11 on a PowerMac 9500/200:
>
> Executing: javai -Dserver.root=/Compass/Applications/JeevesA2
> -working /Compass/Applications/JeevesA2
> -classpath lib/classes.zip;servlets
> sun.server.http.HttpServer
> server.root not specified

I ran into this exact same thing trying to run Jeeves with SuperCede,
the Asymetrix Java flash compiler. In their case, it turns out that they
do not have a way to convey system properties at startup -- no -D
switch. They're going to have some equivalent mechanism available very
soon. Could be the same situation with CodeWarrior's Java?

Jon Udell
BYTE