JDBC and applet

Jayasimha

Dec 20, 2000, 7:58:29 AM12/20/00
Hello everybody,
I am trying to get a connection to Oracle database from an applet. The
web server and the oracle database are on the same server. I am using
oracle thin driver and JDK1.3. I am getting the following error in the
console. Can somebody tell me why I am not getting a connection to the
oracle database.

(java.net.SocketPermission aaa_fas_nts2 resolve)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at oracle.net.nt.TcpNTAdapter.connect(TcpNTAdapter.java:90)
at oracle.net.nt.ConnOption.connect(ConnOption.java:79)
at oracle.net.nt.ConnStrategy.execute(ConnStrategy.java:96)
at
oracle.net.resolver.AddrResolution.resolveAndExecute(AddrResolution.java:171)

at
oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.establishConnection(NSProtocol.java:381)
at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.connect(NSProtocol.java:149)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.connect(TTC7Protocol.java:1085)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:179)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:142)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:214)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:193)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at OraApplet.init(OraApplet.java:17)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks in Advance,
Jayasimha.

Tommy Braas

Dec 20, 2000, 8:36:08 AM12/20/00
Hey,

Does the Oracle server and the Web server respond to the same IP addresses?
If not that's the problem!

Tommy

"Jayasimha" <JAYASI...@in.bosch.com> wrote in message