XML DOM Parser not working on a remote host

Lobo Bravo

Feb 19, 2004, 1:45:12 PM2/19/04
Here is the code:

try {
factory = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();

builder = factory.newDocumentBuilder();

}catch (...

Here is my question:
Why is the call to DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance() causing my
application to hang ?
It cannot find any class to instantiate with.

Now, this same bit of code runs fine as an applet in a standalone browser on
my PC.
It also runs fine through my Apache2 server on http://localhost/...
But, when I run it from the remote domain of my web server (lobobravo.com),
it fails.
This is true under both Explorer and Firebird.

This makes zero sense to me.
Here is the stack trace from my java console. (Just upgraded to jre
1.4.2_03)

java.lang.ClassFormatError: <HTML> (Bad magic number)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.find(Unknown Source)

at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)

Thanks for helping.

Lobo Bravo

Feb 23, 2004, 1:37:07 AM2/23/04
Please have a look at the URL in question and let me know if you have the
same problem. www.lobobravo.com/Java/RubiksJar.html
The problem occurs only when the radio buttons labelled "XML Change Look"
are toggled.

Thank You.

"Lobo Bravo" <Jim...@lobobravo.com> wrote in message