Class could not be loaded/Class not found

1 view

rajesh...@my-dejanews.com

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
Hello

My html which calls the class is on the Web Server (Web server is installed
on my PC). I could run applet from my PC using the Web Server, but when I try
from another PC it gives me error : Applet XXXX Class XXXX could not be
loaded (using Netscape 4.07) and error : Applet XXXX can't start. class XXXX
not found (using Netscape 4.04). I have already set CLASSPATH as System
variable d:\classes\pdb (where my Class file is situated);d:\jdk1.2\bin; I
even tried compiling with jdk1.1.7 and jdk1.1.5.
Web Server is installed on my C: and class referenced is in D: .

On 4.07 I get following error message on the Java console :
# Applet exception: class ProjectCentric could not be loaded
# Breaking into debugger.
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: vcafe -netscape error=2
at java.lang.Win32Process.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Compiled Code)
* at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Compiled Code)
at netscape.debug.Debugger.launchDebugger(Compiled Code)
at netscape.debug.Debugger.debugBreak(Compiled Code)
at netscape.applet.ConsoleFrame.keyDown(Compiled Code)
at java.awt.Component.handleEvent(Compiled Code)
at netscape.applet.ConsoleFrame.handleEvent(Compiled Code)
at java.awt.Window.postEvent(Compiled Code)
at java.awt.Component.postEvent(Compiled Code)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Compiled Code)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Compiled Code)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(Compiled
Code)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Compiled Code)

On 4.04 I get following error message on Java console :
# Applet exception: class SearchEngine not found
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: SearchEngine
# Breaking into debugger.
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: vcafe -netscape error=2

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Regards,Rajesh Bhave
Consultant at Hewlett Packard - India Software Operations, Bangalore, India
raj...@india.hp.com
bhave...@hotmail.com

Zacharias Pigadas

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
Try moving all the *.class files generated by the compiler in the same
directory in the Web Server or try jar-ing the classes.
Go to the directory and write in dos:
jar cf MyJAR.jar *.class
and inside the html:
<APPLET CODE="MyCLASS.class" ARCHIVE="MyJAR.jar" HEIGHT=400 WIDTH=600>

hope this solves it
Zach

rajesh...@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<7esclr$85o$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...