IllegalArgumentException with jdk-1.1? Newbie needs help

Jason Pollock

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

O.k. Now for my second problem. I have run into an
IllegalArgumentException that doesn't originate in my code!
(At least that is how I read the output....)

What I get is:

appletviewer.exe Default.htm
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument # > Arg length

at java.text.MessageFormat.format(MessageFormat.java:563)

at java.text.MessageFormat.format(MessageFormat.java:396)

at java.text.Format.format(Format.java:69)

at sun.applet.AppletMessageHandler.getMessage(AppletMessageHandler.java:63)

at sun.applet.AppletMessageHandler.getMessage(AppletMessageHandler.java:78)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.showAppletStatus(AppletPanel.java:554)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:330)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:481)

Application Exit...

I am using jdk-1.1 for Windows 95. Can anyone out there give
me a hand? Please? This is VERY frustrating for a newbie.

Thanks in advance,
Jason Pollock
jpol...@ihug.co.nz

Brian Jonnes

Feb 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/24/97

In <330FAD...@ihug.co.nz>, Jason Pollock <jpol...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>O.k. Now for my second problem. I have run into an
>IllegalArgumentException that doesn't originate in my code!
>(At least that is how I read the output....)

>[SNIP]

>I am using jdk-1.1 for Windows 95. Can anyone out there give
>me a hand? Please? This is VERY frustrating for a newbie.

JDK1.1fcs, or beta? If its beta then hear my message:
NEWBIES DON'T USE BETA JDK!
If it is fcs - give your code as a bug to Javasoft.

Cheers,

Brian