Is it possible to remove the security exception!!

imdadullah

Dec 14, 2000, 8:12:57 AM12/14/00
I am trying to access a URL from my applet program, i seem to get this
security exception.

I had tried to access the same URL using an application program ,i was able
to connect to the URL and could also read the data from a particular
directory

(java.net.SocketPermission j
upiter.netpictures.de resolve)
at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlConte
xt.java:272)
at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:
399)
at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(SecurityManager.java:1042)

thanx for the help in advance

Peter Schuller

Dec 14, 2000, 8:27:03 AM12/14/00
>I am trying to access a URL from my applet program, i seem to get this
>security exception.
>
> I had tried to access the same URL using an application program ,i was able
>to connect to the URL and could also read the data from a particular
>directory

Right, applets aren't allowed to do anything.

You can use a signed applet and/or ask the user for special permissions, but
I don't know how that works exactly (never had to bother).

PGP userID: 0x5584BD98 or 'Peter Schuller <peter.s...@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getp...@scode.infidyne.com
E-Mail: peter.s...@infidyne.com Web: http://scode.infidyne.com

Michel Gallant

Dec 14, 2000, 9:01:52 AM12/14/00
I have posted extensive documented examples of code-signing
Java applets, for deployment to Netscape, IE or JavaPlugin JVMs at:
http://home.istar.ca/~neutron/java.html
The "URL Analyzer" and the "Basic HTTP Client" are examples that
allow an applet to make universal network connections.
Cheers,
-- Mitch Gallant