Apache jserv and Solaris 7

Beastie

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
Hi there,

I have a problem using Apache jserv 1.0b1 and 1.0b2 on a solaris 7
box. On a similar system, using solaris 2.6, it all works fine, but on
the sol7 machine it frequently falls over with a full core dump.

Has anyone encountered this problem? It would appear to be a problem
in sol7 itself, though I can't really tell for certain.

This is the error:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
IGSEGV 11* segmentation violation
si_signo [11]: SIGSEGV 11* segmentation violation
si_errno [0]: Error 0
si_code [1]: SEGV_MAPERR [addr: 0xe2042044]

stackbase=FCF51D64, stackpointer=FCF51674

Full thread dump:

Can anyone shed any light on this?

--
The Beastie

Tom.H...@us.pwcglobal.com

Mar 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/5/99
to monste...@zetnet.co.uk
In article <36cd4298...@news.zetnet.co.uk>,

monste...@zetnet.co.uk wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a problem using Apache jserv 1.0b1 and 1.0b2 on a solaris 7
> box. On a similar system, using solaris 2.6, it all works fine, but on
> the sol7 machine it frequently falls over with a full core dump.

I am getting this error too using Java 2 and jserv 1.0b3 although the
diagnostics are a little different:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
at java.lang.Thread.start(Native Method)
at java.lang.Thread.start(Compiled Code)
at org.apache.jserv.JServ.main(Compiled Code)

Tom Howland
PricewaterhouseCoopers, Global Technology Centre