weird applet

1 view

anon...@coolgroups.com

May 26, 2004, 5:25:07 PM5/26/04
i'm trying to start writing applets. could someone tell me
why the following applet only works on 1 of my 2 computers:

http://www.coldmail.us/h4.html

Roedy Green

May 26, 2004, 5:51:44 PM5/26/04
On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:25:07 GMT, anon...@coolgroups.com wrote or
quoted :

>i'm trying to start writing applets. could someone tell me
>why the following applet only works on 1 of my 2 computers:
>
>http://www.coldmail.us/h4.html

Without source code you leave us in the dark.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Applet1 (wrong name: Applet1)

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/errormessages.html#NOCLASSDEFFOUNDERROR

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Andrew Thompson

May 27, 2004, 1:39:03 AM5/27/04

You need to check the console of the
browser and deal with the exceptions
it is throwing.. AccessControlException's

<http://java.sun.com/sfaq/index.html#read>

(Thanks mromarkhan.. that link was *very*
timely!)

You can solve it by signing and jaring the applet
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#jar>
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#jws>

--
Andrew Thompson

Missaka Wijekoon

May 27, 2004, 2:26:30 AM5/27/04
The most obvious one is that your applet is trying to read files in my
local home directory - a violation of the standard java applet sandbox
for most browsers:

(java.util.PropertyPermission user.home read)
at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:269)
at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:401)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:524)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(SecurityManager.java:1276)
at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:573)
at
javax.swing.filechooser.FileSystemView.getHomeDirectory(FileSystemView.java:352)
at
javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalFileChooserUI.installComponents(MetalFileChooserUI.java:214)
at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicFileChooserUI.installUI(BasicFileChooserUI.java:130)
at
javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalFileChooserUI.installUI(MetalFileChooserUI.java:152)
at javax.swing.JComponent.setUI(JComponent.java:449)
at javax.swing.JFileChooser.updateUI(JFileChooser.java:1701)
at javax.swing.JFileChooser.setup(JFileChooser.java:345)
at javax.swing.JFileChooser.<init>(JFileChooser.java:320)
at javax.swing.JFileChooser.<init>(JFileChooser.java:273)
at Applet1.<init>(Applet1.java:21)
at
at
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:617)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(AppletViewer.java:1848)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:546)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:298)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Missaka Wijekoon (a.k.a. Misk) mwij...@RemoveThis.villageEdocs.com
Sr. Software Engineer http://www.villageEdocs.com
VillageEdocs