RMI Exception

Vanessa Fernandez Romero

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
I'm trying to run a simple RMI Demo (Informix jdbc's one).

Server starts succesfully. Client applet runs fine locally (on
appletviewer), but when run via http on a browser I get the following
Exception

java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Transport return code invalid
at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:200)

at
sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(RegistryImpl_Stub.java:94)
* at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Naming.java:60)
at TestApplet.init(TestApplet.java:69)
at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$InitAppletEvent.dispatch(DerivedAppletFrame.java:553)

at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:81)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:135)
at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(DerivedAppletFrame.java:911)

It's thrown when executing: (JR)Naming.lookup(registryName);

registryName contains the right URL of the server, port number and
server object name. Im using the default port number (1099).

Actually. both my server app and client applet reside on an HP-UX
machine though on different directories and the stub and skeleton are on
the right place (remember it works fine on an Appletviewer run on the
same session (actually it doesn't go via HTTP)).

Hope somebody can help.

Thanks in advance,

Vanessa