Error: 500

jagade...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2007, 12:17:06 PM4/11/07
Hi All,

I'm facing the following error. Please suggest what need to be done.

Error: 500
Location: /viaxutil/index.html
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: JDBCRealm.checkConnection:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.aaa.JDBCRealm.checkConnection(JDBCRealm.java:
268)
at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.aaa.JDBCRealm.getCredentials(JDBCRealm.java:
200)
at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.aaa.RealmBase.checkPassword(RealmBase.java:
177)
at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.aaa.RealmBase.authenticate(RealmBase.java:
158)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Request.getRemoteUser(Request.java:534)
at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat3.Tomcat3Request.getRemoteUser(Tomcat3Request.java:
199)
at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.aaa.AccessInterceptor.authorize(AccessInterceptor.java:
325)
at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:
859)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:
790)
at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat3.Tomcat3Adapter.service(Tomcat3Adapter.java:
64)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
793)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:702)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
571)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:644)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Thanks & Regards,
Jagadeesh Tata.

Andrew Thompson

Apr 11, 2007, 1:28:08 PM4/11/07
jagade...@gmail.com wrote:
..

>I'm facing the following error. Please suggest what need to be done.

First step might be to look up the meaning of this
exception, in preparation of asking a smart question.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

Richard Senior

Apr 11, 2007, 1:33:46 PM4/11/07
jagade...@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm facing the following error. Please suggest what need to be done.

> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
> at

a. Looks like the Oracle JDBC driver classes are not in the classpath of
your deployed web application. You need to make them available globally
in Tomcat or specifically for your application - whichever is most
appropriate.

b. You need to practice interpreting strack traces.
ClassNotFoundExceptions are quite common and you should be able to deal
with them routinely.

--
Regards,

Richard