HELP: How to pipe output to a TextArea

Mikhail Roytman

Mar 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/21/97

Hello Java gurus out there,
I am a relative newbie to Java and facing some problems.
I am in need of some sample code how to pipe text output of
Unix commands and executable scripts to TextArea widget.

That was a piece of cake in Tcl/Tk but doesn't seem as simple in
Java.
Also, when I use exec command I get the following error:

sun.applet.AppletSecurityException: checkexec
at sun.applet.AppletSecurity.checkExec(AppletSecurity.java:234)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java)
at FMB.action(webFMB.java:342)
at java.awt.Component.handleEvent(Component.java)
at FMB.handleEvent(webFMB.java:393)
at java.awt.Window.postEvent(Window.java)
at java.awt.Component.postEvent(Component.java)
at java.awt.Component.postEvent(Component.java)
at java.awt.Component.postEvent(Component.java)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
If you reply, please cc: to roy...@cig.mot.com

Thanks!