java.net.SocketException

1 view

Stacy

Feb 8, 2001, 3:38:52 PM2/8/01
Hi All,
I'm having an ongoing problem that I thought someone might have some
insight into.
An application is connecting via a socket to another process. About
every
fifth time my application sends information to this other java process,
the
process throws the following exception:
java.net.SocketException:
JVM_recv in socket input stream read
java.net.SocketException: Connection shutdown: JVM_recv in socket input
stream read
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:102)
at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:338)

This happens when DataInputStream.readInt is called. Any ideas how I
might fix this?

Thanks,
Stacy

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

matthew denner

Feb 20, 2001, 7:52:52 AM2/20/01
Stacy wrote:

> This happens when DataInputStream.readInt is called. Any ideas how I
> might fix this?

it would help if you could post some code as this may or may not be a problem
with your code. i know that JVM_recv is down in the native code for the
socket stuff but can't comment on whether this is a bug in that code, a
problem with something on your machine or your code without having some java
code to test it with.

you might want to check the forums on java.sun.com to see if anyone has
anything to say about it there.

Cheers,
Matt

Sessami is a trademark of Escape Velocity Technology Mobile Services Limited.
All information contained in this e-mail is confidential and for the use of
the addressee only. If you receive this message in error please notify.