Plugin Problem

Rhino

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
When I went to the Plugin 1.2.1 demos at www.javasoft.com I got the
following from the Java Console, using IE4:

User home directory = C:\WINDOWS
Proxy Configuration: no proxy

JAR cache enabled.
Opening http://192.9.48.9/products/plugin/1.2/demos/GraphLayout/Graph.class
no proxy
Opening http://192.9.48.9/products/plugin/1.2/demos/GraphLayout/Graph.class
no proxy
Opening
http://192.9.48.9/products/plugin/1.2/demos/GraphLayout/Graph/class.class no
proxy
Opening
http://192.9.48.9/products/plugin/1.2/demos/GraphLayout/Graph/class.class no
proxy
load: class Graph.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.net.SocketException: Descriptor not a
socket: no further information
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Compiled Code)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:125)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:112)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:54)
at sun.plugin.protocol.jdk12.http.HttpClient.doConnect(HttpClient.java:97)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:320)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:409)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:260)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:221)
at sun.plugin.protocol.jdk12.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:57)
at sun.plugin.protocol.jdk12.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:69)
at
sun.plugin.protocol.jdk12.http.HttpURLConnection.privBlock(HttpURLConnection
.java:110)
at
sun.plugin.protocol.jdk12.http.HttpURLConnection$PrivilegedBlockAction.run(H
ttpURLConnection.java:298)
at
sun.plugin.protocol.jdk12.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.j
ava:176)
at
sun.plugin.protocol.jdk12.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConne
ction.java:191)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(Compiled Code)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$1(AppletClassLoader.java:216)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$1.run(AppletClassLoader.java:139)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(AppletClassLoader.java:136)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:110)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(AppletClassLoader.java:368)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:532)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(AppletViewer.java:759)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:468)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

What is the problem? I can't get any of my Swing applets to work and even
the javasoft site doesn't seem to be working for me? Have I made an error in
installing the Plugin? Do I need to remove it and then reinstall? What
should I do differently the next time? Do I need to change any of my
environment variables, browser setup or anything else to make it work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reinhardt
---
rh...@wwdc.com
Pembleton (to imaginary suspect): Son, you are ignorance personified!
Homicide: Life on the Street
SPAM CATCHER ADDRESSES:
pres...@whitehouse.gov, postm...@fbi.gov, postm...@aol.com,
secu...@attmail.com, postm...@whitehouse.gov, postm...@dod.gov,
postm...@juno.com, postm...@hotmail.com, postm...@home.net,
asw.c...@worldnet.att.net

Don Le

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
I got the same problem. I've contacted SUN and they told me to turn off my
proxy settings. I've tried that, but it still does not work.

Rhino <rh...@wwdc.com> wrote in message