Java IDL & CORBA

Jean-Francois Beaulieu

Oct 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/4/97

I'm trying o run the SUN Portfolio example with javaIDL
and I have an error message. I was finally able to run the
'Hello' example, all I needed was to establish an internet
connection. I'm following carefully all the steps as they
are described in the readme file, starting the nameregistry,
starting the PortfolioServant, and the bugg occur when
I'm starting the PortfolioApplet with the html file. There
seems to be some parameters in the html file that are not used
by the applet, so I'm not sure if there's a small error in
the demo or (more probably) if I'm not starting in a wrong
way the PortfolioApplet. I'm using an appletviewer:

appletviewer htt://127.0.0.1:1050/PortfolioApplet.html (doesn't work)

and then:

appletviewer PortfolioApplet.html

with the latest one, I'm getting this message:

appletviewer PortfolioApplet.html
PortfolioClient: Successfull ORB initializaion
org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: minor code 3 completed:No
at com.sun.CORBA.iiop.Generic.invoke (Generic.java:298)
at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:35)
at com.sun.CORBA.InitialNameStub.resolve_initial_references
(Initial.NameStub.java:164)
at com.sun.CORBA.iiop.ORB.getInitialReference(ORB.java:561)
at com.sun.CORBA.iiop.ORB.resolve_initial_references(ORB.java:531)
at PortfolioApplet.setORBConnection(PortfolioApplet.java:93)
at PortfolioApplet.init(PortfolioApplet.java:77)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:259)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:294)

PortfolioClient: Exception-> org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE minor code 3
completed:No

what's wrong with my procedure?