Java Plug-in 1.2 and EAI

Emanuele Bovisio

Jan 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/18/99

I have tryed to use Java Plug-in 1.2 with EAI with NS4.5 and IE4.
In both cases I have had the same error message:

Tiny3D.init()...
Tiny3D.start()...
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: getBrowserType
at vrml.external.Browser.getBrowser(Compiled Code)
at PerceptionPanelLRF.start(Compiled Code)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

The Java applet is not able to get the browser. I've used Cosmoplayer as
VRML Plug-in and it starts normally without problems.

I think that probably NS and IE cannot find the native code for
executing the EAI. I've tryed to copy Cosmoplayer files in the Java
plug-in directory without result.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!! :)))

Emanuele

Emanuele Bovisio tel:
+39-0332-785 195
Joint Research Centre fax:
+39-0332-789 185
TP 270 - via E. Fermi e-mail:
Emanuele...@jrc.it
21020 Ispra (VA) - ITALY

Mike Haberfield

Jan 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/18/99
I have seen this error a few times when I (mistakenly) build an
application/Applet with one version of JDK and then try to run it using a
different version of the JVM.

For example, if you compile all your classes using the standard JDK1.1.6
compiler and then try to run it using the Solaris specific optimised version
of the Java compiler (which uses native threads instead of green threads
etc.) then you get this kind of "UnsatisfiedLinkError".

I have also seen it when trying to run classes that were built with JDK1.1.6
but running them in the JDK1.2 JVM.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Emanuele Bovisio wrote:

--
Mike Haberfield, Tel: 0171 236 2850
Tamesis Limited, Fax: 0171 236 2677

Kim Do-Hyung

Jan 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/18/99
In comp.lang.java.programmer Mike Haberfield <mike.ha...@tamesis.com> wrote:
: I have seen this error a few times when I (mistakenly) build an

: application/Applet with one version of JDK and then try to run it using a
: different version of the JVM.

: For example, if you compile all your classes using the standard JDK1.1.6
: compiler and then try to run it using the Solaris specific optimised version
: of the Java compiler (which uses native threads instead of green threads
: etc.) then you get this kind of "UnsatisfiedLinkError".

: I have also seen it when trying to run classes that were built with JDK1.1.6
: but running them in the JDK1.2 JVM.

: Hope this helps,

: Mike

I don't think so.
Java plugin currently lacks support for LiveConnect on which EAI
implementation relies. It is because of the deficiency of required
functionalities in plug-in API.

Do-Hyung

조갑손(gabson Joh)

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
check your classpath in autoexec.bat. (I guess...)

ex) SET CLASSPATH = c:\cosmosoftware\cosmoplayer\npcosmo21.zip;

~~~~~~~~~
(sorry, I can't write english well ^^;)

Emanuele Bovisio 이(가) <36A30BA4...@jrc.it> 메시지에서
작성하였습니다...

Samir ZAGHIA

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
Hello, I've got a engeneering project about VRML and how to programm a
3D animation using a VRML file ( which contain all the elements about a
human body) and an applet JAVA for the animation
In fact have you got any inforamtion about this ?
ie for instance a programm in JAVA which animate a body programmed in
VRML

Hubert Partl

Jan 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/28/99
조갑손(gabson Joh) <gs...@chaos.kitech.re.kr> wrote:
> ex) SET CLASSPATH = c:\cosmosoftware\cosmoplayer\npcosmo21.zip;

either start with .; or end with ;. (dot = current directory)

--
Hubert Partl pa...@mail.boku.ac.at
ZID BOKU Wien http://homepage.boku.ac.at/partl/