Incompatibility between Java1.1 and Java1.2

alex zheng

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00
Hi, all,

I have a problem here: I have Java code written in Java1.1.6, it compiles
fine under Java1.2 JVM. However, when I ran the program, I got the following
error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/util/collections/Comparable
at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:101)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:248)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$1(URLClassLoader.java:216)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:191)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:275)
at paralogic.http.HTTPServer.run(HTTPServer.java:1058)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:485)

What do you guys think?

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

Jun 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/17/00
al...@nbci.com (alex zheng) writes:

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/util/collections/Comparable

It seems you rely on Sun's 1.1-compatible backported Collections
library - you need to add it to the classpath when running, not just
when compiling.

--
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen <to...@multinett.no>
Within the valley of shadowless death they pray for thunderclouds and rain;