run app via OS in Applet

1 view

~

Jan 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/9/00
Thanks,

I've subclassed SecurityException, created a
FilePermission(String progname, String access) object as a class
variable member.

In this class, I override the checkExec(Permission p) method so
that it will not throw a SecurityException. In this method, I
call checkPermission(Permission p), its argument the
FilePermission object (cast to Permission).

Also, I've created a java policy file.

The end result I'm looking for is to be able to run an executable
from within the applet via
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("someprog.exe").

When I invoke appletviewer with the URL, the following errors are
produced:

(java.lang.RuntimePermission
createSecurityManager )
at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlC
onte
xt.java:195)
at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.j
ava:
403)
at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:54
9)
at
java.lang.SecurityManager.<init>(SecurityManager.java:307)
at MySecurityManager.<init>(MySecurityManager.java:6)
at MyApplet.init(MyApplet.java:12)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:357)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Has anyone ever changed permissions for something that an applet
by default has restrictions?
This is jdk1.2.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.newsfeeds.com The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including Dedicated Binaries Servers ==-----

Craig Magtutu

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00

clever, but i'm afraid there's no sneaky way around applet permissions
(thank $*&@! God!). please see:
http://www.javasoft.com/sfaq/index.html

craig