Weblogic & HTTPS Problem!

Chris

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
Hello,

We are trying to connect to an external source from our Weblogic 5.1
server and getting a MalformedURLException exception with the message :

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:290)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:210)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:229)
at
com.icbond.services.lewco.MoneyLineConnection.readData(MoneyLineConnection.j
ava, Compiled Code)
at
com.icbond.services.lewco.MoneyLineConnection.getData(MoneyLineConnection.ja
va:52)
at
com.icbond.services.lewco.LewcoMoneyLineAdapter.getPositions(LewcoMoneyLineA
dapter.java, Compiled Code)
at
jsp_servlet.global.my_accts.my_reginfo.my_fin_position._jspService(my_fin_po
sition.java, Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at
:123)
at
:141)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:744)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:692)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
Manager.java:251)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:363)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:263)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java,
CompiledCode)

Can anyhelp help me solve this problem? We've tried specifing the classes
by modifying the startup command from
within startWebLogic.cmd, but have had no success.

The following line of code is where the problem originates:

connection = ( HttpsURLConnection )url.openConnection( );

Please respond with any thoughts/comments on this problem to :
clam...@corp.freerealtime.com.

Thanks,
Chris