Q : Problems with event dispatching in JApplet...

Teggy P Veerapen

Jun 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/4/98

Hello fellows,

There is a brief description of my problem :

I have written an applet using JFC and I have set up nested classes
for the listener. The buttons in the applet are rolloverenabled. So far so
good, the applet is drawn as it should be in appletviewer and in Netscape
4.04(patch) but exceptions are thrown when the buttons have to change
aspects when the mouse is moved over them. No such thing happens when the
appletviewer is launched with the directory (where the applet is found)
included in the classpath. When the appletviewer is launched without the
directory set, the UI is correctly drawn.

Any idea what may cause this problem is welcomed, hope to hear from all
of you soon, bye
Teggy

Below are the first exceptions thrown when the mouse is found on the buttons
:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
com.sun.france.rennes.Transpac.frontal.frontal.otherButtons
at
java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseEntered(AWTEventMulticaster.java:246)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:2293)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:1764)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:939)
at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:1548)
at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.setMouseTarget(Container.java:1515)
at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:1492)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:1392)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:926)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:63)
Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
com.sun.france.rennes.Transpac.frontal.frontal.otherButtons
at
java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseExited(AWTEventMulticaster.java:256)