How to include a package member applet in the APPLET tag?

1 view

Omar Butaiban 94-1826

Jul 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/12/98
How to include a package member applet in the APPLET tag?
hello
how to write the code  in the applet tag for a class in a package?
the class is a member of a package.

package name: javax
class name: Hello

I wrote the following:<APPLET  CODE ="javax.Hello" WIDTH = 400 HEIGHT = 300>
with the following appletviewer error output:
appletviewer index.html
File not found when looking for: javax.Hello
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:462)
 at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:398)
 at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:237)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

|Omar Butaiban|ce94...@eng.kuniv.edu.kw|P.O Box 7532 salmiya, Kuwait 22086|

David Risner

Jul 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/12/98
On Sun, 12 Jul 1998 14:25:47 -0300, Omar Butaiban 94-1826
<ce94...@eng.kuniv.edu.kw> wrote:

>How to include a package member applet in the APPLET tag?
>hello
>how to write the code in the applet tag for a class in a package?
>the class is a member of a package.
>
>package name: javax
>class name: Hello
>

>I wrote the following:<APPLET CODE ="javax.Hello" WIDTH = 400 HEIGHT =
>300>

Change that to <applet code="javax.Hello.class" width=400 height=300>.
Then the class file will need to be in a directory named "javax" which
resides in the same directory as your document.

--
David Risner -- Programmer (Java, CGI, NeXT)
Electronic Desktop Project, Cal State Los Angeles