HotJava 1.0pb2 applet reload behavior

Gary Adams - Sun Microsystems Labs BOS

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

Can someone point me to the documentation of what the dialog is between
the hotjava browser and an embedded applet when a page is reloaded?

I am experiencing some anomolous behavior between what the JDK 1.1 b3
appletviewer is doing and what the corresponding page is doing within
hotjava. By setting HOTJAVA_LOG I was able to capture the following
error message when the class is "reload" from the JAR file. The
appletviewer appears to be doing a more thorough stop() and re init().

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Duplicate name
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java)
at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.defineClassFromBytes(AppletClassLoader.java:394)
at
sun.applet.AppletResourceLoader.loadJar(AppletResourceLoader.java:227)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:388)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:223)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

Thanks for any info/pointers

Gary R. Adams Email: Gary....@East.Sun.COM
Sun Microsystems Laboratories Tel: (508) 442-0416
Two Elizabeth Drive Fax: (508) 250-5067
Chelmsford MA 01824-4195 USA (Sun mail stop: UCHL03-207)
SWAN URL: http://labboot.East/~gra/
WWW URL: http://www.sunlabs.com/people/gary.adams/