AWT and linux!!!!!

1 view

hajar

Mar 12, 2002, 1:13:04 PM3/12/02
hello

i have a servlet which manipulate gif images
it works on my local machine (WinXP)
but when i try to run it on a linux server mandrake (with apache)
it fails.

knowing that in the first execution i have the following error

"Can`t connect to X11 window server using `:0.0` as the value of the
DISPLAY variable."

And after i always still have the following error:

"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/awt/motif/MToolkit
at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:
320)
at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)"

i think that this problem occurs in my servlet when executing this
instruction:

Image awtImage = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getImage (...)

the Xserver is already activated on my linux server
the enviroment variable DISPLAY has the value:

DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

(notice i try DISPLAY=:0.0 and DISPLAY=131.107.0.40:0.0 and
DISPLAY=:0

but i have also exactly the same errors)
i had execute "xhost +localhost" to allow my machine(which is the
linux server)
to access the Xserver
knowing that i run my servlet on the same machine

do you have any idea?

thanks

hajar

Tim Tyler

Mar 20, 2002, 4:54:16 AM3/20/02
hajar <h_elma...@hotmail.com> wrote:

: i have a servlet which manipulate gif images

: it works on my local machine (WinXP) but when i try to run it on a
: linux server mandrake (with apache) it fails.

: knowing that in the first execution i have the following error

: "Can`t connect to X11 window server [...]"

See the section: "Loading images without X server" on:

http://www.geocities.com/marcoschmidt.geo/java-image-coding.html
--