No DCH for multipart/mixed with JavaMail 1.2/JAF 1.0.1 - SendMail.java (0/1)

Bob Hays, Computer Geek

Sep 9, 2001, 10:57:30 AM9/9/01
I have code that worked with JavaMail 1.1.3 and JAF 1.0 and now breaks
in JavaMail 1.2 and JAF 1.0.1. The code attached used to work, but
now throws this interesting exception:

javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.MessagingException: IOException while sending
message;
nested exception is:
javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH
for MIME ty
pe multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_Part_0_2773808.1000047031345"
at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:219)
at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:81)
at com.rhays.emailFile.SendMail.sendMessage(SendMail.java:197)
at com.rhays.emailFile.EmailFile.emailFile(EmailFile.java:70)
at com.rhays.emailFile.EmailFile.main(EmailFile.java:95)

The JAF jar file does include mailcap in the right place and
references the correct class. I tried copying it to my "login"
directory as .mailcap with no change in behavior.

Any help appreciated (I've seen this problem posted elsewhere on the
net with no response).

Thanks and have fun! - Bob

--
Bob Hays "Discipline is never an end in
181 W. Madison itself, only a means to an end."