'Unsatisfied Link' error in java.library.path

bill.b...@austingoodwill.org

Feb 6, 2005, 1:01:42 PM2/6/05
I'm getting the following error message when I attempt to run an
application:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jacob in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at com.jacob.com.Dispatch.<clinit>(Dispatch.java)
at com.wgblackmon.ebay.SimpleListApp.main(SimpleListApp.java:70)
Exception in thread "main"

I was advised elsewhere to add the jacob.dll file to my system32
directory and add an entry to my system path that refers to the .dll. I
did this and I still get the same error. I'm using Eclipse 3.0 and the
eBaySDK.

Kari Ikonen

Feb 6, 2005, 1:28:47 PM2/6/05
bill.b...@austingoodwill.org wrote:

> I'm getting the following error message when I attempt to run an
> application:
>
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jacob in java.library.path

> Exception in thread "main"
>
> I was advised elsewhere to add the jacob.dll file to my system32
> directory and add an entry to my system path that refers to the .dll.

Advice to copy some random DLLs into windows/system32 is very bad advice.

Instead just specify system property -Djava.library.path=BLAH via Run
-properties in Eclipse. i.e. Arguments/VM Arguments.

BLAH=Directory where your DLLs are located.

(Well, putting BLAH into %PATH% works also of course, but...)