Extracting jar file received as an e-mail attachment

Giovanni Guglielmo Jr.

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
Does anyone ever have a problem extracting a jar file that was received an
e-mail attachment?

I created the archive using:

jar -cf myFile.jar myDirectory

and extracted it with no problems using:

jar -xf myFile.jar.

But if, before extraction, I email myFile.jar to myself as an attachment
using MSOutlook, the command above extracts only a few of the files.

The jar file is less than 1MB (856,670 bytes) and its size does not change
after e-mailing, so it does not seem that data was lost during
transmission.

Any idea of what could be wrong?

--------------- ------------ session -------------------------- ---------
C:\jdk1.3\bin>jar xf myFile.jar
java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry size (expected 4120 but got 4139
bytes)
at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.readEnd(ZipInputStream.java:355)
at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(ZipInputStream.java:144)
at sun.tools.jar.Main.extractFile(Main.java:715)
at sun.tools.jar.Main.extract(Main.java:678)
at sun.tools.jar.Main.run(Ma9788ava:191)
at sun.tools.jar.Main.main(Main.java:904)

alex

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
It is no thing to do with Outlook. I do it quite often (1-2Mbs).
Something wrong with quality of your network or post server. Files become
corrupted, I think.

alex from JavaFAQ http://www.erudite-center.com/java/