Native mathods

N El-Khalili (Computer Studies)

May 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/3/97

I'm trying to use a native method in my java code. My function is written in C
so I've used the javah tool on the Silicon Graphics O2 machine to get the header
file and I compiled my C code into a shared library. But when I try to run
my main class I get this error

14557:/usr/java/bin/../bin/sgi/java: rld: Fatal Error: cannot successfully map
soname '/home/csirisb_b/pg/nuha/java/libhello.so' under any of the filenames
/home/csirisb_b/pg/nuha/java/libhello.so
(/home/csirisb_b/pg/nuha/java/libhello.so)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no hello in shared library path
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:268)
at HelloWorld.<clinit>(HelloWorld.java:5)
at
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: displayHelloWorld
at Main.main(Main.java:3)

I did check that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to my directory.
Can anyone help?

nuha