Kawa 5.0 problem creating jar files

white-knight

Feb 8, 2002, 4:43:05 PM2/8/02
hello ,

im having difficulties generating jar files from 2 classes sketcher , and
sketchframe .Sketcher.class is thye main class.when i do not include the
option of including a manifest file,it generates the jar file but when i try
to execute it in the directory it is in i get the error message "could not
find the main class.program will exit jar". one of the classes is flagged as
the main class as well as containg the main method.when i do check the
option to include the manifest file and then leave the manifest blank i get
the message:

c:\jdk1.3.1\bin\jar.exe -cvfm0 trysketch "SketchFrame.class"
"Sketcher.class"
Working Directory - C:\My Documents
Class Path - C:\PROGRA~1\PHOTOD~1.0\ADOBEC~1;.;C:\Kawapro5.0\kawaclasses.zip
java.io.IOException: invalid header field

at java.util.jar.Attributes.read(Attributes.java:354)

at java.util.jar.Manifest.read(Manifest.java:161)

at java.util.jar.Manifest.<init>(Manifest.java:56)

at sun.tools.jar.Main.run(Main.java:125)

at sun.tools.jar.Main.main(Main.java:904)

Process Exit...

if i try to give it the name "newfile" (the manifest) it gives me this
error.there is no file with taht name but i was under the impression that
the jar utility would generate a default.

c:\jdk1.3.1\bin\jar.exe -cvfm0 trysketch newfile "SketchFrame.class"
"Sketcher.class"
Working Directory - C:\My Documents
Class Path - C:\PROGRA~1\PHOTOD~1.0\ADOBEC~1;.;C:\Kawapro5.0\kawaclasses.zip
java.io.FileNotFoundException: newfile (The system cannot find the file
specified)

at sun.tools.jar.Main.run(Main.java:124)

at sun.tools.jar.Main.main(Main.java:904)

Process Exit...

all files are in the same directory and are listed as such in the options as
specified.if someone could please give me guidance so that i may generate
this jar through kawa 5.0 pro,or give me weblinks to a step by step how to
make a jar "executable " tutorial .

thank you