Trouble with Cosmoplayer and jre1.2 plugin for Netscape.

E. Pavletic

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
Some time ago I wrote an applet with jdk1.1 which uses the CosmoPlayer
2.1 browser for displaying data. The HTML browser I am using is Netscape
4.5 and everything worked fine.
Later I installed the Java plugin jre1.2 so that I could use the new
functionalities of jdk1.2, but now the applet is no longer able to get
the link to the browser. The error is the following:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: getBrowserType
at vrml.external.Browser.getBrowser(Compiled Code)
at vrml.external.Browser.getBrowser(Browser.java)
at TriD_IV.TriD_IV.start(TriD_IV.java:226)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

I tried to run it with the version 2.1.1 of CosmoPlayer too, but without
success.

The piece of the applet's code where I try to get the link is:

try {
browser = (Browser) Browser.getBrowser(this);
} catch (Exception e){ ... }

I don't understand what's happening.
Is anybody able to help me?

My system:
OS: Windows 95
HTML browser: Netscape 4.5 + jre1.2 plugin
VRML brovser: CosmoPlayer 2.1.1

Thanks
Enzo (Enzo.P...@guest.arnes.si)

Shih-Jen Hsu

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
Ah, the infamous getBrowser method :(

Try using the other form :

getBrowser(applet, framename, 0);

(BTW, can anyone explain what the index is ?)

That worked for me (until now, when I'm not loading a real file anymore :(

Jen Hsu

P.S. You might want to ask this kind of questions in comp.lang.vrml