Need help viewing Swing applet

Steve R. Burrus

Aug 21, 2002, 6:33:36 PM8/21/02
hi, I am Steve Burrus, and I need some pretty immediate help/assistance
w. being able to see a Swing applet in my web browser, which is the
Netscape 7.0 PR 1 incidentally. I always see first down in the status
bar something about the Java Plug-In and then in the window it says
"Applet Loading...", but then I always and invariably see the Java
exception saying "java.lang.AccessControlException". Here is the error
msg. from the Java Console:

(java.io.FilePermission Images1/baseball.gif read)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(Unknown Source)

at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImageFromHash(Unknown Source)

at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImage(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)

at Kiss_My_Ass.init(Kiss_My_Ass.java:16)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanx in advance to anybody who can help me!

GV

Aug 21, 2002, 9:48:18 PM8/21/02
Need some more specific information. Are you trying to access the applet
locally? By double-clicking the html file? Through a localhost http
server? Across the network to a web server? Is applet class files, html,
and images in same directory branch? Available to the webserver? You get
the idea....

Steve R. Burrus <bur...@swbell.net> wrote in message